Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Travelers' Tales

On the hunt for an appropriate father's day gift (obviously, this was a few weeks ago, but, of course, I couldn't post this till after the big day), I came across A Sense of Place: Great Travel Writers Talk About Their Craft, Lives, and Inspiration (Travelers' Tales).


In A Sense of Place, author Michael Shapiro sits down with some of the best travel writers in the business -- Bill Bryson, Peter Matthiessen and Arthur Frommer, to name a few -- and finds out what makes them tick. The result, according to reviews, is a highly enjoyable and uplifting read for anyone who appreciates the life-changing power of travel. I can't wait till Dad's done with it so I can borrow and read it myself!

2 comments:

Kelley at My Island Wedding said...

Hey! This sounds like a great book! And the cover is sweet too...

Jen Laceda | Milk Guides said...

Hmmm, I must live in Mars or something. Haven't heard nor read this book. Thanks for the head's up! I will retweet this!